Yesterday I was having a major craving for chocolate, but didn't want to make anything that needed a lot of ingredients or work. So I took another look at the skor bar recipe and since it only needed 4 ingredients, which I had, I decided to make it.
Skor bars recipe
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line baking tray with baking paper and cover with a layer of Premium/Saltine crackers.
3. Bring 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar to the boil.
4. Pour butter/sugar mixture over crackers and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Once out of the oven, sprinkle 1 packet of chocolate chips over the biscuits and return to the oven until melted. Smooth chocolate with a metal spoon.
6. Refridgerate for 2 hours and cut.
They actually taste pretty good. I do find the butter/brown sugar combo is almost too strong for my liking. I don't think I let all the brown sugar dissolve completely which could have been my problem. Or possibly next time I'd cut it back to 3/4 and 3/4 instead of a full cup of each.
It did the trick to satisfy my chocolate craving!
You can find the original recipe source here.