Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Creamy Rice, Chicken & Spinach Dinner

I haven't made a blog post in quite awhile, I've been busy planning a good friends baby shower and making decorations. The shower is still over a week away and I still have some more things to do, so I imagine I will be sparse on the blog for a little longer. In the mean time, here is another new to me recipe I tried out.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Kraft Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan Dressing
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
1 can (10 oz/284 ml) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
125 g (1/2 of 250g pkg) Light cream cheese spread, cubed
8 cups tightly packed baby spinach leaves
1 large tomato, chopped
2 Tbsp Kraft Parmesan light grated cheese

Heat dressing in large deep skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; bring to boil. Add rice; stir. Return to boil. Cover; simmer on medium heat 5 min. Add cream cheese spread; cook, uncovered, 5 min or until completely melted, stiffing occasionally. Add spinach (skillet will be full); cover. Cook 2 min or until spinach is wilted; stir gently. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 min. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with Parmesan.


I hadn't realized I was out of tomatoes, but decided to make the recipe anyways and just leave them out. I think the tomato would have added a nice touch though. This is a very creamy dish, so if you aren't a fan of cream cheese, this isn't the recipe for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment