Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cheesy chicken and rice crockpot recipe

I tried out another chicken crockpot recipe the other day. I like this one because it cooked the rice in the crockpot with the chicken. If you want to see the original recipe post, check it out here.

Please forgive the picture, it doesn't look very appetizing, but I promise it was very good!

Ingredients:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 1/2 cups water
1 small onion, diced
1 cup uncooked rice
4 chicken breasts
1/2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste 
Shredded cheese for topping (optional)

In a medium bowl, combine both soups, water, onion and rice.
Spray slow cocker with cooking spray. Place breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Season chicken with lemon & pepper seasoning. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Pour soup mixture over chicken breasts.
Cook on low 6/8 hours.

I used frozen chicken breasts and long grain brown rice. I also didn't have cheddar cheese soup but found a can of cream of broccoli soup in my cupboard so used that instead. I thought it tasted very good. I bought a can of cheddar cheese soup so that I can try the recipe again. I also think this dish would taste good by experimenting with other soups, cream of celery, or cream of asparagus perhaps!







No comments:

Post a Comment