Saturday, August 3, 2013

Monkey Love!

I finally got around to making the monkey from the same pattern as the doll I made recently. If you missed that post, you can check it out here!

I had wanted to make the monkey in a deep pink yarn, but didn't think I had enough of it, and didn't want to run out mid-project. So I looked through my yarn stash and decided to go with this bright deep blue. It seemed to have a bit of a shimmer to it, so I thought it would look very cute.


 
I made a small rosette to add a pop of pink. It ended up being a little too big for my liking, but its not too bad.

 
 
I still want to make an all pink one, so I'll have to do that after I get more of the pink yarn. I am going to give this fun monkey to my daughter for her 2nd birthday. She caught a glimpse of it when I finished it and already wanted to play with it. I'm hoping after its put away in a closet for a few months she'll forget about it and still be surprised on her birthday!
 
 
Have a great long weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment