Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Crockpot Corn Chowder Soup

There was a little break in the summer heat this past weekend, Saturday was a bit drizzly and cool, so I made a soup for supper. I love homemade soups but don't enjoy eating them when it's super hot outside. So it was a perfect opportunity to try out this corn chowder recipe I found on Pinterest. 


It was pretty yummy, fairly cheap to make, fed us supper and had enough leftovers for lunch the next day. If a recipe makes enough to feed my family two meals, I call that a win in the frugal department! 


Ingredients:
6-8 potatoes (peeled and diced)
1 can cream corn
1 can whole kennel corn
2 cups chicken broth
8 oz diced ham
1 cup diced onion
1/4 cup butter
2 cups half and half

Place potatoes, corn, broth, ham and onions in the crockpot. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Mash the mixture to desired consistency. Add butter and half and half. Turn crockpot to high and cook 30 minutes longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment