Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Roasted Cauliflower

I normally just steam cauliflower or eat it raw with dip, but I wanted to try preparing it a new way to see if my kids would eat it.

I decided to try roasting it with seasonings and the result was a success. Both kids ate it! (Little sister only has 4 teeth, so she would only eat it after I blended it up into tiny pieces.) 

                                     

Ingredients:
-1 large head of cauliflower 
-1 tsp olive oil 
-1 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp paprika
-1/4 tsp salt

Wash and cut cauliflower into bite sized florets and place in large bowl. Toss cauliflower with olive oil. 
In a small bowl, mix seasonings. Pour seasoning mixture over cauliflower and toss to coat.
Bake cauliflower on a baking sheet at 450F for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Cauliflower should be tender and golden brown.

(This seasoning mixture is fairly mild. If you want a stronger flavor, increase the amount of spices you use.)


I'm going to experiment some more with different ways to make and season cauliflower. Some days it's a struggle to get the kiddos to eat their full daily vegetable serving requirements. Hopefully I can find some yummy recipes that they will love.


No comments:

Post a Comment